Home Insurance Online Application

Homesite Home Insurance (Progressive branding)
Home owners could purchase home insurance online. The e-business manager hired me to improve usability of the site and increase sales.

The purchase process was where a lot of user dropped off. I created personas and found users who fit these profiles to test. I reseached and analyzed competitive sites and presented best practices of each. With this information, I redesigned the process.

Then with Camtasia Studio, I recorded voice, facial expressions and mouse movements of each user. Surveys, phone sales and informal testing was done as the project progressed.

The resulting interface was navigable, appealing and understandable to even a user age 70 who had never used a computer before. Sales increased with each progressive improvement to the site with other factors considered.